Monday, July 14, 2008

My not so new rig and new antenna setup.

Salam to all readers...

Last week got my self another 1 2nd hand (condition like new) mobile rig for my base setup. At first it was intended to replace my current running rig. I thought my rig kaput already bcoz it cannot transmit on low n midlow power output. If i do so it will "Hang" like a pc which u can do anything on it. After turn it off n turn it on back then it can be use. All this while i thought i was my rig is faulty. Previously i did ask few elmers bout this. They said this is the first time they heard bout it. Then i thought it was my own modded pc power supply that causing it. Then i get myself a modded by a fren PC power supply. The problem occuring. It give me a headache. Later i bought a power supply from HS Land by the Brand Hammax and change the coax. Still got problem.

So i thought my rig is faulty n got a 2nd mobile rig. After change the rig... The problem still persist. Then i make up my mind, there is somthing wrong with the antenna. then i saw an old broom stick made from soft steel pipe. tried to bend it to make it 90° at both end. At 1 end going upward and on the other end going downward. (pic will come later). This boom will be a temporary boom. I'm getting a proper steel pipe (exhaust pipe) to make the permanent boom. Later i will joint it with a satellite dish stand to make it swingable. As for the temporary setup, now i can transmit at low power n midlow power output. now can even monitor station qso from Sungai Petani which is previously can even hear anything. I haven't fully tested the new setup. I just worked a few station on simplex with Low Power. 1 from bayan baru (5 2), 1 from permatang Binjai (5 9) n 1 Mobile station at Permatang Pauh (5 9).

That's all for now. Will add pic later. havent got time to take pic...

thanks for reading...
73's...


No comments:

Post a Comment