Friday, May 16, 2008

New gadget for my Hobby..

Recently i got myself a new handy talkie. It's a Yaesu Ft-60R. I at first i want to get a dual band moblie rig. I already got my budget but then need to use the $$ to pay my road tax. So i got myself the dual band handy. Hi..hi..hi... so i'm getting used to it.. so any comment n review will be post after i used to it. So anyone wanna make comment for this handy pls do so. We can share our xperiance n knowledge.

As for yesterday i did qso with 2-3 station on the UHF repeater that is 9M2RPP. Just using my handy i can trigger the repeater (i was in a jelopy driven by my fren). However i forgot to ask for the audio report. next time i got chance sure i'll ask for the RST.

So to me it is a good handy as for now. i've still need to exlpore more on handy. Setting up the handy is not so hard. Just read the manual u should be able to nput the frequencies or setup the handy for simplex use or repeater use. Ok thats all for now. More review coming after this...

73, de 9W2ACY


4 comments:

  1. May I know how much does this handy cost? And where u got it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting my blog. regarding the handy got it from fren here in penang at RM 700++.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH okay. Any antenna that you are using it with? Hows the performance of the rig? OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. performance so far so good. i'm using teleskopic antenna (supercall) and diamong RH701 (1/4wave). have not explore the full capability of that handy... :)

    ReplyDelete